Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Finds, February 28th



Friday Finds showcases books you recently found and that you are putting on your TBR list... whether you found them in a bookstore, at the library, or on-line.  

My find this week is:

Genre: Psychological Thriller / Historical Fiction  

'I did it because I love my child. Wouldn't any mother care to do the same? I didn't feel guilty when the blood ran over my hands, yet neither did I feel vindicated. I just felt I had protected my child in the only way I knew how.'

*** Based On A True Story ***

Anne wakes up in a strange bed, having been kidnapped from her home. Slowly, she realizes she is in a lunatic asylum. 
1885. Anne Stanbury - Committed to a lunatic asylum, having been deemed insane and therefore unfit to stand trial for the crime of which she is indicted. But is all as it seems?
Edgar Stanbury - the grieving husband and father who is torn between helping his confined wife recover her sanity, and seeking revenge on the woman who ruined his life.
Dr George Savage - the well respected psychiatrist, and chief medical officer of Bethlehem Royal Hospital. Ultimately, he holds Anne's future wholly in his hands.

The Medea Complex tells the story of a misunderstood woman suffering from insanity in an era when mental illnesses' were all too often misdiagnosed and mistreated. A deep and riveting psychological thriller set within an historical context, packed full of twists and turns, The Medea Complex explores the nature of the human psyche: what possesses us, drives us, and how love, passion, and hope for the future can drive us to insanity. 

                                                                      

2 comments:

  1. How intriguing! Sounds like a very interesting read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an interesting read. followed you back on bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete