Monday, January 4, 2016

Musing Monday: January 4th

Musing Mondays is hosted by A Daily Rhythm and is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What do you do when you finish a book? Do you immediately start another one?


Well, I have to say it is hard to only choose one of these questions because I really could write about all of them.  I'm currently reading The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, and although I procrastinated for months about starting it, I finally decided to push it to the top of my list since the movie is coming out toward the end of the month. I'm really glad I picked it up.  I was completely hooked as soon as I began the story.

Do I start a book right after I finish the previous one? Sometimes. It really depends on how much I loved the book I just finished and want to dwell in it's awesomeness.  I rarely wait more than a day or two though because withdrawal quickly begins to set in.  :)

Have a great week of reading!                                                                                                                  

4 comments:

  1. I do tend to post my review of the book I just finished before starting another one...even if I take notes, I don't want to forget the details I need for the review...LOL.

    Here is my MUSING MONDAYS POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I don't like to get too separated from the book before I write about it. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year:) it is difficult to pick one question I agree - I need time to contemplate what I have read before I comment https://albertareads.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/emotional-investment-in-a-book-musing-mondays/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been contemplating reading The 5th Wave. Glad to hear you're liking it! Might have to try it out. And I completely agree. I can't wait too long to start another book. I suffer from those withdrawals too. #bookwormproblems :)

    Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People

    ReplyDelete