Tuesday, February 16, 2016

If I Could Make Everyone Read One Book....

As book lovers, we all have a list of books that we want to give to someone and say, "You HAVE to read this!"  I do this often but I find that I only get minimal results.  I get a lot of, "I'm too busy to read," or "I don't really enjoy that kind of book," or, "I'll write it down and check it out later," which again, yields minimal results. Yet, for me, I feel a need for someone else to read that book immediately so I can have a fellow reader with whom to share my elation about the story.  This is one of the reasons I began a book blog in the first place.  I wanted a place to share my reading and to immerse myself in a world where everyone cherishes books as much as I do.  

This week, as I was adding to my TBR list and browsing the usual blogs and social media sites, I kept coming across one of my favorite books of all time.  This is the book I would probably choose if I were to be stranded on a desert island and would read over and over again. A book I would choose if I knew I could only choose one from a library to save from fire or flood.  A book that I will always have on my shelf and never sell or give away.  The book I just bought for my son, handed to him, and said, "You HAVE to read this!"  We will see how that goes...

So, if you haven't already read this book and you are looking for something magical, something written beautifully and that is, in my opinion, completely mesmerizing, I highly recommend this story and hope that you enjoy it as much as I have and will continue to, for a long time to come.



Do you have one book that you feel this way about? 
Which book would you want everyone to read?

3 comments:

  1. I do need to read that one!! I may get around to it sometime this year. Woot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do also love The Night Circus. It's pretty fantastic in every way! There is no chance I could pick one book that's always my go all the time. Today it's probably Lonesome Dove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have four books that I feel equally strongly about for different reasons, and they are my #1s I always recommend to those who ask me: Looking for Alaska, Outlander, Bloody Jack, and Wild Bells to the Wild Sky. I love the stories in the last three, especially the historical ties, and the first one is extremely personal and tied to my cousin's suicide. It is a book that gets a LOT of stigma, and I wish people wouldn't judge it and talk about it behind the book's back cover.

    ReplyDelete