Tuesday, February 28, 2017

First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday Intros. February 28th


Every Tuesday, this book blog prompt is hosted by Bibliophile By the Sea. The idea is to share the first chapter, first paragraph of a book you are reading or plan to read in the near future so others can decide if they might be interested as well.

Today, I am starting a book that I received from Netgalley.  I love the cover and, though I haven't officially started yet, the first paragraph sounds intriguing...


"Let me be clear: I never intended to raise my brother from his grave, though he may claim otherwise. If there's anything I've learned from him in the years since, it's that the dead hide truths as well as the living.  I have not been a bone witch for very long, whatever the stories you've heard, but this was the first lesson I learned."

I will definitely be continuing on...


6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that cover! And the first paragraph is definitely intriguing. I'd continue to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cover and tempting excerpt. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE GOOD NEIGHBOR”

    ReplyDelete
  3. The opening definitely grabbed me! I would keep reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I downloaded a copy of this too ... looks sooooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking introduction! Immediately pulls you in. Almost written like a diary? I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete